Do you want to get an MBA, but don’t want to invest a lot of time?
Introducing the Half Hour MBA—in just half an hour you will be initiated into the deepest secrets of business strategy, management and marketing through magical comedy.
The Half Hour MBA is a satirical magic show about deception and subterfuge in business. In this show, we expose the deepest and darkest secrets of business management.
In this magic show, we expose some of the secrets of managers while having fun with interactive magic tricks. Did you know that:
- Perception is not reality: Magicians and managers both manipulate perception.
- The myth of multitasking: Magicians know that we can only focus on one thing.
- Deception in marketing: Magic shows and marketing are based on the same principles.
- Using misdirection in presentations: All business is show business.
- Predicting behaviour: Using magic tricks to show that previous behaviour is not a good predictor of future behaviour.
Peter Prevos is a professional manager, with an engineering degree, arts degree and an MBA. He is currently a part-time PhD candidate and occasional lecturer in business and dabbles in theatrical magic.
Disclaimer: This show is based on actual research but should not be interpreted as management advice. The names in the case studies have been changed to protect the innocent. Any connection with reality is based on pure coincidence.